As we noted last time, mercury is constantly off-gassed from so-called “silver” amalgam fillings. This vapor must go somewhere, and where it goes is into your circulation. This is how it can affect so many different body systems. (What it affects and how depends on your unique biochemistry, overall health history and current challenges.)
A snapshot of just some of the damage it has been documented to do:
- Brain: Poor memory, brain fog, mood swings, anxiety, depression, tremors, tics, loss of coordination, hallucination, lack of motivation, panic.
- Eyes: Blurred vision, bulging eyes, sensitivity to light, poor night vision, deteriorating peripheral vision, difficulty focusing.
- Ears: Dizziness, vertigo, poor balance, tinnitus, pain in ear canals, deafness, hearing loss.
- Nose: Chronic sinusitis, poor sense of smell, nasal congestion, persistant sore throat, chronic tonsillitis.
- Skin, Hair & Nails: Cold and clammy skin, dry skin, peeling or flaking skin, puffy face, red and itchy rashes, excessive perspiration, inability to sweat, night sweats, pricking, stabbing, fizzing or crawling sensations.
- Cardiovascular System: Palpitations, irregular heartbeat, slow or rapid heart rate, high or low blood pressure, faintness, high cholesterol and homocysteine levels, easy bleeding and bruising.
- Respiratory System: Asthma, bronchitis, shortness of breath, persistent cough, bad breath.
- Digestive System: Food sensitivities and intolerances, abdominal cramps and pain, constipation/diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, malabsorption, leaky gut, gastroenteritis, nausea, heartburn.
- Reproductive System: Late puberty, infertility, heavy or missed periods, menstrual pain, miscarriages, still births, impotence, low sperm count, sperm with poor motility.
- Urinary System: Kidney damage, frequent urination day or night, incontinence, difficulty urinating, urgent urination, kidney and bladder diseases.
- Musculoskeletal System: Sore muscles, muscle fatigue, joint pain, joint swelling, joint stiffness, muscle cramps, low back pain, muscle weakness, TMJ dysfunction.
- Endocrine System: Poorly controlled or low blood sugar, hypothyroid, adrenal exhaustion, poor response to stress.
Ready to Know More?
Here are a few of our favorite sources for learning more about dental mercury and its impact on the health of people and planet alike – and for getting involved in the fight for a mercury-free future!
- Dental Mercury Amalgam Solutions (DAMS)
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Consumers for Dental Choice
- TALK International
- Mercury Safe Dentists
- Dr. Mercola
Image by Bart, via Flickr